
Sunday was Boo's birthday, and at lunch the whole side of the cafeteria that we were in sang "Happy Birthday" to her (thanks to Jen :-). While Boo took a nap Ruth Marie and I went out and got her decorations and a cake. We decorated one of the lounges and then after dinner got everyone in there while she called my dad back. I went down and took her up to the room under the pretense that there was something we had to do before we could watch the movie (which was true . . . we had to celebrate. :-) I think she was very surprised!


SURPRISE!!!

The whole clan!
That night we played another game of Ultimate Frisbee. It has somewhat become the camp sport. Sometime during the course of this week our All-Star Frisbee team is going to take on a team of some of the Tennis Camp kids. :-)

Me playing Ultimate Frisbee

Today and yesterday were full of more practicing and rehearsals. There is a pianist here now until tomorrow, and she had been a great help to me on the fourth movement of the Schumann Piano Quintet. This evening we went to part of an organ recital (on the massive organ in Finnley Chapel) and also went bowling. One thing is for sure. You know you're bowling with some other wonderful music fanatics when you go moonlight bowling (with black lights and disco ball) and someone from your group takes his favorite CD to be blasted over the speakers and that CD just happens to be Dvorak New World Symphony. It was so cool. :-) Afterwards we started a game of Ultimate Frisbee, but it was too humid to play very long. So I went inside and encouraged some friends, and now I'm writing this and soon I'm going to bed! :-)

Me bowling . . . I scored a 113!!! Not quite sure how that happened.




3 comments:
hey,
Sounds like you're having fun. Can't wait for you to come home, except when you come home I have to leave, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.
You know, I thought you guys went there to learn stuff and work hard. Guess I was wrong. You just went to do... other stuff. It's good that you did put in a sentence about music somewhere a ways back, though. ;)
I wish i could have been there boo
;)
Post a Comment