Wednesday, April 19, 2006
memories....
Today one of my violin students gave me a tulip. As I was walking home carrying the little flower in a red plastic cup, I realized just how much I am going to miss each of my students when I leave. I started teaching 8 years ago; I was ten, and Kayla was 6. Now I'm 18 and she's 14, and we still work together every Monday. Over those years I've had 16 students, 11 of whom are still with me. They are more than students to me; they're my friends and little encouragers (although at times I might call some little devils. :-) I'm praying that when I leave they will be able to find a better and more inspiring teacher. God has never failed to provide teachers for me; He can do the same for each of my little violinists and pianists, my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hi Kayty, I've noticed your comments on the blog lately, (this has nothing to do with your post, the post is serving as a vehicle to communicate this message to you) Please tell Shannon that she shouldn't run down frappe without having tasted it. I have tasted a mocha frappucino (far better at Starbucks than in the bottle) and I will conclusively tell you that there is absolutely no comparison.
you know shannon....when it comes to the two of you and different opinions, she has to be right. But don't worry, I'll give her your message. :-)
Post a Comment