Last night we put on a 50s Diner theme Pastor Appreciation dinner. Nikki came up with an awesomely decorated room with booths, white table, linoleum, records, mood lighting, music, etc. Together we put together very authentic basket dinners. I grilled hamburgers, and we put those, coleslaw, and home made French fries in a little wax-paper lined basket. Each meal was served with bottled root-beer and a chocolate milk-shake. Banana Splits and Ice Cream Sundaes topped everything off.
To set the mood, we all dressed the part. We had two car hops (roller skates and all), a Fonzie, and three sweet 50s gals.
- The car hops serving the food. -
- Sampling the Root-Beer and Cream-Soda -

- Fonzie with all the girls. -


- Boo was just barely taller than me in her rollerskates (when I stood on my tip-toes :-) -

- The Car Hops were only slightly wobbly. -

- The Diner Staff -

- The Staff Hanging Out -

- Me in the red dress . . . that I will only wear again if I get paid enough. Oh, and I put like half a can of hair spray in my hair so that I could get a little "bee-hive" volume. :-) -



3 comments:
cute Kayty, cute. sounds like you had an interesting 50s day!
That was sooooooooo much fun! I loved my outfit :) and yours, too. I really liked the theme.
AHH!! KAYTY!!! IN THE PICTURE WHERE U AND SHANNY-BOO ARE MEASURING YOUR HEIGHTS!! U LOOK LIKE ONE OF OUR TEACHERS!!!! A REALLY MEAN, ONE THAT HATES EVERYBODY!!!!!!
Post a Comment