Friday, July 14, 2006

michigan

Today we traveled to Michigan to play for some friends' wedding. We were twenty minutes late for the rehearsal due to a lot of construction! We are missing our viola due to her presence at camp but are getting along fairly well without her. The official wedding is not until tomorrow evening, so tomorrow we get a long anticipated day of rest!


The happy couple


Mom and "Aunt" Vicki

Aunt Vicki modeling her Goodwill prank dress.


Blake is starting a new trend. I kinda like the diagonally striped tie combined with the vertically striped shirt!


Me with some wonderful peanut-bitter ice cream cake!


Boo!


Really, we do work at these wedding!


Here we are improvising on a usually violin-viola duet.

Oh, I have a good story. Last night Nikki sent me an email that made me cry. In it she commented that "We just closed the page on our childhood chapters and now we are beginning a new chapter." That feeling of being 18 and an officially adult made me sad until today. I felt like my childhood chapters were still open. I went to McDonalds and ordered a Happy Meal and asked for a specific toy! :-) Maybe it's just the Neverland part of me that will never grow up!

And now, a great verse for the day (given to me by Nikki Marie!) --

Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not, I will help thee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've come to visit Neverland! Stay there. I've never left it. That way we can never grow up together!

btw, when McDonald's was selling Narnia toys, I went there and got Happy Meals until I had the whole set!