Tuesday, July 11, 2006

moving day

We have officially emptied our house. All of the big stuff is gone; all the remains are little odds and ends. Our wonderful helpers started showing up around 3:30 this afternoon and didn't leave until after 9. Some wonderful ladies from church provided food for everyone helping us load. Our rooms that were piled with boxes and furniture now sit bare and "echoey." Below are a few pictures of the day.
One of the Big Yellow Trucks
Our basement stacked high.

Me actually working! I'm getting good with the "Tapers!"

Moving the piano. We (as in all the guys :-) only "dropped" it once.

The view out the back garage door.

The view out of the front door.

The kitchen minus our table, chairs, stove, microwave, fridge . . . etc.

My room looked sad enough with the bare furniture. Tomorrow I have to get the courage up to go see it completely empty.

Shannon taking a last look.

Me working really hard. I was "Superviser." :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you kayty..im gonna miss you..a whole lot:`( well all love you..it's so hard to see your house empty:( just don't forget us all back here..or all the times we've shared.

love always,
morg

Anonymous said...

Kayty, i love you!! Im really really going to miss you! more than a lot! and Morg is right..we will ALL miss you! youve been there thru good times and bad, happy times and sad, youve been there for a lot of stuff, helped me thru A LOT of stuff!!! Tuesday, when I got back from softball practice, i sat outside staring at your house for like 20 minutes bawling, because it was empty, and all I saw, was 2 BIG NASTY FAT YELLOW TRUCKS!!! that we all hate! and i dont know, i knew what was going on, but then im like, wow whats going on, i thought it was a nightmare, but its true!??! and yeah. Dont forget us, you promised, but promieses can be broke very easily..also remember the memories!

Music Lover said...

I was going through these pictures and when I got to the taping one I found myself remembering piano lessons and hearing the sound of you taping in the background.